John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

False Teachers, Part 2

Before I went to sleep last night, The Holy Spirit spoke to me about my last blog post. I was told that I was NOT done yet, and that I would continue to deliver a message on this topic...

2 Peter 2: 1-3
"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

The brothers and sisters who will fall into this trap are the ones who do not know The Word of God. They carry Bibles around, can quote certain portions of scripture, but do not know (i.e.: have the EPIGNOSIS of) His Holy Word. We must continue to read God's Word at every opportunity. I believe in my heart that if I was not exposed to The Word of God almost immediately after I was saved, I may have fallen into deceptive doctrine very quickly. I was drawn into bible studies where The Word was examined, studied, and discussed. I had brothers and sisters who were able to debate doctrine with me. I had The Holy Spirit to convict me when I veered from the straight path of scripture. When there is something I am not sure about, some doctrine I'm presented with-I go to The Source : God! I search The Scriptures, I pray, and I seek His Voice for guidance and direction. Only then, and through His Holy Spirit can I discern the truth.

God is NOT the Author of confusion. All of His Word makes sense. It is what is says it is, and does what it says it does. DO NOT BE FOOLED PEOPLE!! Take The Word of God for what it's worth. Live by it. Put it to use in your daily lives! When these false prophets and preachers share their blasphemies and destructive heresies with you-be a Berean. Check everything against The Word of God!!

AMEN?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nuff said.......deb <*)))><