John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Are You Clean Inside and Outside?

Mark 7:6-7
He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘ This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 23:27-28
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Matthew 7:20
Therefore by their fruits you will know them

Well-you're probably thinking " None of these scriptures have anything to do with me". Well, that could NOT be further from the truth. Everyone-EVERYONE is guilty of sinning. If you think for a second that you are perfect, let me know what medication you are taking so I can get myself some!

Gods Word is specific. It states time and again, that we need to let JESUS shine through us. If the world cannot see Jesus, then we need to get back on the path of righteousness again.

Let me ask you this-Do the people you interact with on a daily basis know that you are a Christian?

I know that I constantly need to examine myself-usually on a daily basis, sometimes on an hourly basis to make sure that the Silversmith can see His reflection in me.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but The Lord gave me some questions for all of you to ponder during your daily walk. Make sure that not only the world, but fellow Christians see Jesus Christ in you!

Things to think & pray about:

1) Do I honor God in my words and deeds? Is my language honoring God? Do I keep getting involved in "worldly" conversations?

2) Do I honor God in how I dress?

3) Do I honor God at school? At work?

4) Do the Facebook, Myspace, and other social networking sites reflect my relationship with Jesus Christ, or am I a Facebook/Myspace Hypocrite?

5) Do I honor God in my family relationships?

6) Do I honor God in the entertainment I choose?

and finally...

7) Do I honor God at Church?

If the world, or even people at Church doubt you are a follower of Jesus Christ, then Houston, we have a problem.

Is your heart a heart that yearns after God, or does it yearn after the things of men? Maybe it's time for a heart transplant.


Let me encourage you.

Who is the Light who shines through us?
JESUS!!!

Who is the Light and The Glory?
JESUS!!!

Whose Name is like honey on our lips?
JESUS!!!

Whose Words are like a Lamp unto our feet and a Light unto our path?
JESUS!!!

Who makes us righteous?
JESUS!!!

Let's pray: Lord, I believe that I have sinned by not separating myself from the world. My family has NOT seen Christ in me. My fruit is rotten. The people at my job do not see Jesus in me. My friends at school don't even know I am a Christian. Lord, I repent of this blatant sin. I ask that you cleanse me, purify me, and forgive me. Lord, fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Lord, I pray for a double portion right now! Father God, fix all the things in my life that need fixing. Help me to let Jesus shine through me in all I do, and in all my relationships. Lord Jesus, I want to be Your servant, Your soldier. Use me for YOUR GLORY! In Jesus' Name.

Can somebody please say AMEN?

No comments: