John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some 2010 Insights and Observations, Part 1

Well, I finally mad it back home to 2 feet of snow.  While driving back, I kept noticing chains-just lying in the roadways in various spots.  For those of you who know me, the first thing that came to my mind was that these chains were left there from people who had been set free from their bondage.  I kept telling my wife Jenny, "Look-somebody else has been set free!!".  I was excited and uplifted all the way home!


This leads me to talk about bondage again.  Most of the people I run in to (believers AND non-believers) seem to be bound by something.  The most prevalent bondage I seem to run into is UNFORGIVENESS.  Let me just say a few things about this.


Jesus forgave us for ALL our sins-past, present, and future. (1 John 1:9).


We MUST forgive others for ANY offenses against us.  (Mt 6:14, Luke 11:4,Luke 17:4,Eph 4:32,Col 3:13).


These verses, straight from God's Word say it all.  Never mind what I have to say-look to Jesus, the One who forgave you to set you free from your bondage.


If we do not forgive, we can be carrying around those chains for a LOOONNNGG time.  I don't know about you, but I think that chains can get very heavy after some time.  Add to that-the weight of more unforgiven offenses, and the burden can become unbearable.  It's a good thing that Jesus can not only set us free, but can carry our burden for us!


Matthew 11:28-30 (Amplified Bible)

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne."

No comments: