John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jesus Is The Reason For The Season 2010!

I'm increasingly seeing commercials where everyone is talking about "holiday" events.  I'm hearing about more "holiday parties" everywhere I go.  People I cross paths with are increasingly wishing me a "Happy Holiday(S)". I have only one thing to say about this.
ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

Listen-I was born into a Jewish family.  We didn't talk about Jesus, nor did we mention His Name.  Quite a few of my friends were Catholic, or other Protestant denominations.  When they wished me a "Merry Christmas", I was never offended.  When I was in their homes at a sleep-over, or having a meal, I wasn't offended at the sight of a Christmas tree.  I don't seem to remember anyone saying "Happy Holidays" to me.  I even remember taking part in a Christmas pageant in PUBLIC elementary school.  Nobody got offended.

Brothers & Sisters, this whole political correctness/we don't want to offend anyone/let's take "God" out of everything movement, is what offends me.  I say-let's take a stand for Jesus Christ, the reason for the season.

If you are at work and somebody says "Happy Holidays", then you need to look them in the eye and say "Merry Christmas".  If your un-saved relatives are saying that presents and doing good are the reason for Christmas, you need to tell them that the real reason for Christmas is the birth of a Savior who can forgive them of their sins, and in whom they can experience eternal life.

Now-I'm not saying to purposely offend any of your Jewish or non-Christian friends or co-workers.  We all know that it's Hanukkah and Kwanza around the same time,  and I think that it's OK to say the appropriate greeting to them.  At that point, I think that it's OK to take a step of faith, and maybe ask them what their respective "holidays" are about.  That can be an opening to share about Jesus Christ, the Son of God!  Remember to always do this in love.

Don't let the enemy take God out of the Christmas season.  The Devil will use whatever tools are at his disposal to help the world forget the true reason for the season-Jesus Christ.

I've posted (in a separate blog entry) a video from Fox News which features Ben Stein (a JEW) talking about how stupid this whole thing about taking "Merry Christmas" out of Christmas season is.


Luke 2:11
For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

And by the way-MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!!