John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Confess Jesus Christ Before Men!

Luke 12:8-9 (Amplified Bible)
And I tell you, Whoever declares openly [speaking out freely] and confesses that he is My worshiper and acknowledges Me before men, the Son of Man also will declare and confess and acknowledge him before the angels of God.  But he who disowns and denies and rejects and refuses to acknowledge Me before men will be disowned and denied and rejected and refused acknowledgement in the presence of the angels of God.



Were you ever in a situation where God placed you with someone that didn't know Jesus as his or her Savior?  You're at work, at lunch, on a train, and you somehow get drawn into a conversation where a person brings up comments or questions about God? You either blow it off, or try to stumble your way through the conversation.  You let the fear of man direct your thoughts.  You wish you had a Bible because you need some scripture verses, but cannot recall them.  Worst yet-you avoid talking about God all together.  Let me give you a short testimony to illustrate my point.


About 8 years ago, I was getting out of my car at the Babylon LIRR station.  I was running late, and if I wanted to make my 11AM appointment in Manhattan, I would need to get  on the 8:58AM train.  I pulled into the parking lot, and I noticed that the parking attendant, Ralph was talking to a guy who looked like he was a homeless person.  At that point, I had known Ralph personally, a brother in Christ who used to stand in the parking lot and preach The Gospel and sing hymns.  Anyway, Ralph looked like he was in control of the conversation.  I got out of my car, and I was about to run over to Ralph to pay him for parking when I felt the presence of The Holy Spirit upon me.  It was so strong, that I could hear The Lord telling me to go back to my car, get a Bible, and give it to the man that Ralph was sharing with.  I knew that I would NOT make my train, and after a short "struggle" with my flesh, I obeyed the Voice of Jesus whispering in my ear.  I went back to my car, grabbed a bible from my ample supply, and went over to where Ralph and this man were talking.  I placed my hand on this man's shoulder, handed the man the Bible, and explained to him that God told me to give it to him.


Then the really cool part happened.  Scripture verses began to come to me.  At that point in my walk, I really couldn't recite many scripture verses because I was still a "babe" in Christ.  I shared The Gospel with this man, and all the verses I needed to recite were given to me by The Holy Spirit.  After some time, I noticed Ralph standing off to the side praying.  I asked this man if he felt that God would let him into heaven if he were to die today.  He began to to bawl like a baby, and I asked him if he would like to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord & Savior.  He said yes.  As I began to pray, Ralph came over and layed hands on this man.  People were parking their cars, and trying to offer Ralph money, but Ralph knew where he was needed.  This was a beautiful moment, only to be interrupted by Satan as a HUGE bug landed on my neck and bit me.  I tried to swat it away as we prayed, but it kept coming back.  Finally, Ralph swatted my neck, and killed the bug from the pit of hell, just as we finished praying with this man.  The angels in Heaven were now rejoicing, as the weight of sin came out of this man.  I then hugged him, said goodbye to Ralph, and made my way into Manhattan.  Funny thing-my appointment ended up being delayed, as the person I was meeting with was stuck in his previous meeting.  Is God AWESOME, or what.


So here's my point.  I truly believe that Jesus ordained all that happened that morning.  He spoke to my heart, had me turn around to get a Bible out of my car, He had me give it to that homeless man, and He used me to lead him to Christ.  He gave me ALL the scripture verses that were needed to soften this man's heart and help lead him to repentance.  He even allowed me to reschedule my appointment in Manhattan without me even being involved!


If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, SURRENDER to The Holy Spirit.  He will lead you and guide you in ALL things.  You steps, your words, and you actions will be orchestrated by GOD!  All you will have to do is be a willing servant!


Luke 12:11-12 (NKJV)
Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say.  For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.


I'm anxiously awaiting your testimonies.  Let Jesus use you for HIS GLORY!!!!


\O/  AMEN?

No comments: