John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bring The Rain!

Do you ever have a time where The Lord just ministers directly to your heart?  It could be through a Brother or Sister in Christ, through a sermon, through a book, through God's Word, or through a song.  Well-today, The Lord ministered to my soul through a song while I was on the LIRR going into Manhattan.

I arrived at the Babylon station with about 15 minutes to spare before my train.  I purchased my ticket, picked up a new schedule, then I walked towards the newspaper booth, where I usually pick up the morning paper.  I hesitated, because something in my spirit told me to skip it this morning.  I turned away from the newspaper stand, walked upstairs to the platform, and hopped on the train.

God just blessed me with a new iPod Nano Touch, which I managed to immediately fill with worship music, and The MP3 Bible.  I listened to Matthew 1-7, then switched to a worship playlist I created for when I travel.  The song "Bring The Rain from MercyMe came on.  Somehow-I never really heard the whole song before.  Here are the lyrics:

"Bring The Rain"

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty




The part just keeps going on over and over again:
Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty......



After listening to this in its entirety for the first time, the words ministered to my soul.  At this point in time, I happen to be going through some trials, and as some of us do, I sometimes lose my focus on Jesus when things get intense.  I focus on the situation, then I lose my peace & joy...The chorus is what spoke to my heart, and brought me back to the Throne of Jesus:


Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain



The second verse almost had me in tears:


I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty



God's Word is explicit, in that it commends us to bless The Lord at all times (Psalm 34:1).  The Hebrew word "all" here means something VERY SPECIAL-it means-ALL!  Not just when we're being blessed-at "ALL TIMES"!


This verse brought me right in to the throne room of God:
Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty



I happen to be reading Revelation in my daily Bible reading, and this just reminded me of Revelation 4, when The Apostle John is describing the throne room of Heaven, while the angels cry out "Holy, Holy, Holy".  IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING EXCITED HERE??!!


After the 7th or 8th time listening to this song, God brought me back to His throne of grace & mercy.  His peace and my joy were restored. He reminded me that He is in control, and that I need to trust in Him.  God is greater than my trial.  I also need to remember that Jesus suffered more that I will ever know while He died on the cross, so He knows what I'm going through.  If I believe that God spoke the universe into existence, and I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, then I also need to completely trust and believe that that same God can take me through these trials!  Praise His Holy Name!!! I have to confess, I was in tears by the time I got to Penn Station, and I was encouraged and strengthened in my faith through this worship tune.

I'm going to include a link to this song.  I hope you are blessed by it, and it ministers to your heart as it did mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVnfAWJCito

I will also post the video on this blog in a separate entry.  BE BLESSED!

I am praising The Holy Name of Jesus Christ, and I proclaim that His Word is faithful and True!!!  Trust Him!

Can I get an AMEN?

\O/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turning my eyes on JESUS!!

trulyblessed said...

Thank you for the reminder. Many songs have ministered to my heart & spirit especially last year when I went through the biggest storm of my life. I have also learned when you think you have nothing at all when you have God's grace you have everything you need. And I will always praise Him. And a Big Amen and thank you.