John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hebrews 11:1 - Faith Like Potatoes?

Hebrews 11:1 - “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen.”


I was blessed by The Lord with a vacation this past week, Wednesday through Sunday. As always, we had some "down-time" and I had an opportunity to watch some Christian films. The wind and the rain made watching a movie very attractive... This past Saturday, I watched a film that I have already seen many times -"Faith Like Potatoes". This film is based on a true story-the story of Angus Buchan-a Scottish farmer in South Africa who becomes born-again, and is truly transformed by the power of Christ!

Below is a link to the short version of Angus Buchan's life (from the Shalom Ministries website: http://www.shalomtrust.co.za/inside-shalom/angus-buchan-biography). I will NOT paste it onto my blog, but let you check it out for yourself. This is an outstanding Christian film, that I highly recommend to everyone who hasn't seen it.

This was at least the 10th time I have seen this film. I just stand amazed at the way that God works, and how God ministers to me through these films.

Well-God did speak to me. Directly to my spirit! He asked me if I wanted to have faith like Angus Buchan. Here was a man who had the faith to raise a woman from the dead by the power of God. He had the faith to pray for rain during the dry season in South Africa. It rained! He had the faith to go forth and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ wherever The Lord sent him. Many came to know Jesus through this man's preaching! He implicitly trusted in The Lord Jesus for EVERY ASPECT of his life. God was ultimately glorified in every one of these miracles!

I always believed that I had faith. I trust in God for provision, for healing, for deliverance, for peace, and for wisdom. Like everyone else, I have trials in my life. Occasionally, I find myself wrestling with God, or even complaining.

Well-this was early on Saturday afternoon. Later on that afternoon, I watched a crusade that Angus Buchan held in 2009 from Worcester, South Africa. I had the opportunity to hear the REAL Angus Buchan preach, NOT an actor portraying him. Pastor Buchan spoke with authority. He spoke with humility. He spoke with DUNAMIS POWER!!!

Funny how The Lord works-He began to speak to me through The Holy Spirit. At that point, I received further confirmation about a hospital ministry that I have been praying about. It was like The Lord layed out the directions for me to follow! I didn't ask for it-God just confirmed it.

If you can believe it, God was NOT done with me yet. Early Sunday morning (even after losing an hour of sleep for DST), The Lord woke me up at 4:45AM. I went to a place where I could read my Bible and pray. God poured out His Spirit on me. He spoke to my soul! I found myself going through all the areas in my life that I thought I had surrendered to God. Surprisingly, there were some that I still needed to let go of! One by one, I either gave these areas over to The Lord for the first time, or I re-committed them to Him. I felt the joy of The Lord fall upon me. I felt God's peace descend upon me. Jesus just ministered to my heart! Right before the rest of my family woke up, I found myself sitting on a couch with tears in my eyes, and an enormous weight lifted off of me.

Here's what I discovered-All I want to do is serve Jesus. I want to be His apostle, His minister, His servant. I want to glorify Jesus in ALL that I do. I want to glorify Christ in my jobs, at home, at church, and everywhere I go. I want to be so sensitive to The Holy Spirit, that if God tells me to go back to talk to someone that I met with hours ago, that I would be obedient and do it! I pray that He would pave the way, open the door, and allow me to step through! I want to read His Holy Word-EVERY DAY, and soak it all in. I want to hear God's voice in the scripture I read. I want and need to pray to God every day! I want to be woken up by Him every morning. I want to hear God's voice when I pray. I want to worship Him every chance I get. I want more of Jesus in my life! I want the wisdom of The Lord, just like Solomon had-but more. I want HOLY GHOST POWER in my prayer and in my ministry to others!

Isaiah 55:11 (New King James Version)
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Mark 16:15 (New King James Version)
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts 2:1-4 (New King James Version)
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Romans 10:14-16 (New King James Version)
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.



Let me be the one to shout AMEN today!!!

\O/

1 comment:

JB said...

AMEN!!!