John 14:6

...Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Today's Word-February 12, 2009

Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'

I need to share a testimony of the great & mighty things that The Lord has shown me-this very day!

As I was leaving the dry cleaners this morning, I saw a homeless man sitting in a corner in-between some stores in Bay Shore. I felt The Lord compell me to buy him a buttered bagel, then give it to him and share the Gospel with him.

After I purchased the bagel, I walked over to this man. I can see why people kepy passing him by. He was dirty. He really smelled bad. He had about 2 or 3 teeth in total in his mouth that I could see. His clothes were ragged, and he sounded very confused when he spoke.

After I handed him the bag with the bagel, we engaged in some idle chit-chat for a few minutes. I asked him if he knew about Jesus, and his eyes lit up. His whole demeanor changed as he proceeded to tell me what Jesus meant to him, how he looked to Him for provision, how he looked to Jesus for protection, and how much-oh how so much, he loved Him! His eyes cleared up, his voice was coherent, and I was standing in that parking lot in front of the bagel store holding back tears. If I say that I was very close to blubbering and crying like a baby-I am telling you the truth. I told this man-Steve that he was the one who encouraged me today, and I thanked him. That's when Steve started to cry.

Well, I had to leave at that point and go to work.

Please keep Steve in your prayers, and pray that God can use him to encourage someone else!

.....I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.'. Some other translations say "I will SHOW you...". That's what The Lord did for me today. He showed me the total and complete love of Christ. It knows no boundaries.

Can somebody PLEASE shout AMEN?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!Jehovah Jirah used Steve to encourage you and You to feed Steve. Glory Halleluiah deb<*)))><

Anonymous said...

Our God is an AWESOME God! You were lead by the Holy Spirit and blessed. I was blessed when I read this post. I pray that you share this on Sunday. Thank you for sharing and God Bless. Your sister in Christ, Lisa